By June Scharff
Our muscles do so much for us every day all day. They work hard for us executing our mundane tasks as well as fun activities like hiking or dancing.
We put them through even more exertion as we work them out at the gym. At times they are tight, ache or are in pain; we find ourselves frustrated with them, and complain about them.
There are a few things you can do to keep them happier:
- Extra stretching. Exercise classes usually incorporate stretches to release the muscles just worked. Most of us have our own particular tight spots. Take time outside of class to stretch those places on a regular basis.
- Use the foam roller. The foam roller is a wonderful inexpensive tool. You can use it to massage your neck, back, buttocks and legs.
- Use a hot tub when it is available.
- Treat yourself to a massage. You deserve it.
- Lastly, thank your muscles for all the cool things they do for you!